Tuesday 3 August 2010

Harley Trip 2010 - 2

With time in hand to indulge the scenery and passes, we entered Switzerland at La Chaux-de-Fonds, traversed Les Vues des Alpes, and stopped in the hills above Neuchatel. Daytime temperatures had risen to the mid to upper 30s by now, and were only to dip while on higher ground. For my sins, I had done a lot of the route planning and led the pack for the outward journey, discovering the vagaries of my satellite navigation in doing so. I sought more minor and scenic roads but satnav can take you to places you hadn't intended - farm yards, tracks, and a pedestrian precinct in a very pretty small town, despite my map being right up to date! One local gent gave us a disdainful shrug as we stopped to decide whether to turn back or go on through, choosing the latter as I could see the exit. But, the prize for all this was the rolling hills, woods and valleys enjoyed in gloriously sunny riding conditions, with the expectation that Julie Andrews and those hills could just come alive at any moment! They didn't, just the odd cowbell now and again.

No comments: