Friday 20 April 2012

Birthday Celebrations at Burleigh Court

Although I didn't go looking for it, I did discover Burleigh Court Hotel in my online searching, in the village of Burleigh near Stroud in Gloucestershire.  How neat was that? I initially wasn't to be compelled by the name, but a visit soon confirmed that it would suit in terms of size, atmosphere and setting to get my small band together to help me celebrate.


The venue was ideal and the staff and food made us feel very welcome for Days 2 and 3.  Drinks and dinner helped people mingle and get to know each other on Friday, everyone did their own thing during the day on Saturday, and by the time Saturday drinks and dinner came around, the atmosphere was well established.  I will leave a selection of photos to portray the success:


Of course, there was a hard core to the end, both nights, as those with a less hardy constitutions, but more sense, fell by the wayside, and the Bushmills did need to be restocked in between assaults.  I can vouch for at least one 'morning after' but few others were admitted to, although they likely existed!  So it should be!



The get-together exceeded my best expectations.  Everyone knew some at the outset, but very soon conversation was buzzing throughout and everyone knew everyone else.  Just the right size, just the right people, and a little lubrication as a catalyst, a perfect cocktail!

So, 3 day Bur[leigh] Trials concluded and everyone home safely, it's now time to look forward to better weather and getting out on the Harley for a few trips!  Things to do, places to go........................

No comments: