Thursday 24 August 2023

Famalam 23

It was time for another get-together of the family and a perfect cluster of cottages was found near Ely in Cambridgeshire. So, for a few days only, time together and lots of fun was the agenda for Cathryn, Andy, Amie, Daisy, Sophie, Michael, Dan, Scott, Lorna, Ella, Katie and me, plus two dogs - Meg and Macey. It was Ella's birthday when we arrived.

One cottage was big enough for us to gather and dine together, while some of us stayed in another three, the main garden was huge with a terrace, outside seating and a hot tub. There was also a games room. It was a rural and very peaceful setting alongside a farm and adjacent to a tributary of the River Great Ouse.

Willow Cottage garden

The cottages as seen centre
from Andy's drone

Andy's new toy not only gave us a view of the farm and cottages, but also the footgolf course alongside. It was 9 holes, same rules as golf, but played with footballs, with the least number of kicks into large tubs in the ground, but most of us seemed to find the rough and nobody was counting!

Chef duties were shared, food was taken, and a considerable volume and diversity of drink was consumed. Inevitably, this facilitated another family video, colourfully enabled by an increased stock of wigs and other accessories. The whole video of family frivolity is restricted to avoid any embarrassment, but great fun was had and some pictures give an insight to the Queen-themed production.

So many accessories to choose from








Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

Mama, just killed a man...


But now I've gone and thrown it all away...

Mama, ooh, didn't want to make you cry...

The accompanying music started with I Want to Break Free, then morphed to Bohemian Rapsody to finish with Don't Stop me Now.

Oh, why should I be embarrassed, here's my entrance the evening before laying down the first take of the video itself:

It was late and much had been consumed, Amie was mortified and went to bed! I don't think anyone admitted to actually wetting themselves, but it certainly seemed to me a possibility! It was a dare, Michael got the Freddy M outfit and I was up for it, much to the astonishment of others! However, my cross-dressing experiment is now complete, enough said!

Amie taunted by Lorna!

Footgolf from Andy's drone

Our last evening provided a lovely sunset down by the river.




Ella's first dart landed on her birthday
What a coincidence!

Katie concentrates on holding her pool cue

All a bit much for Meg

We were, however, left with the question of where a good framer could be found for:

I'm a racing car (bike) passing by, like Lady Godiva (on a horse).......


Long may these special family gatherings continue...........................


No comments: