Wednesday 27 June 2007

Trip Down - Day 3







Today, I disappointed myself by sleeping in and woke just 20 mins before departure time. However, after a rapid but complete morning ablutions and no breakfast, I found myself first in the car park at the allotted hour. I had not brought my travel alarm, but had forgotten that my mobile has one, which I used thereafter. It was a first and last! I did enjoy a croissant at the first coffee stop.
This day saw some glorious weather, rolling hills and varying temperatures as we climbed and dropped. Vast expanses of relatively flat land offered great views and the riding was relatively easy, although the road quality was not always good so a sharp eye had to be kept out for pot holes and other faults in the road surface.
One stop, by a lake, was particulary enjoyed and we were hustled to view a property being developed as a hotel by a local lady, all very pleasant. Having the full day and a fairly prompt start, the pace was not hurried and we were able to enjoy several stops along the way. Overall, the temperature got higher as we progressed south until we arrived at our second Paradore at Almagro. This had been a monastery and had the advantage of being in the centre of town, so we took the opportunity to make use of this.

No comments: