Monday 20 August 2012

USA 2012 - The End


We had a last dinner out, at an English Pub, and there was lots of discussion about the great trip we had enjoyed together.

John & Dot, who led and organised us so well

Gunther, Self, (Trevor's) Debbie

The overwhelming feeling I had at the end of the trip was that of continuous surprise each day.  At the end of each day, I had thought that it was the best yet, but the next brought new experiences in terms of scenery, character and interest and the delightful surprise never ended.  

It was a lifetime trip and has probably whetted, more than satisfied, my appetite to ride in the US.  The country is so huge and diverse that I feel I have only scratched the surface of it and it is the place that the Harley was designed for of course!  We had continued to meet others at fuel, food and rest stops, who had also been to Sturgis, right up until the finish.  Oh boy, what a ride!

No comments: