Tuesday 8 July 2008

Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary - Minehead #1


H-D took over the whole of the Butlins Camp in Minehead, capacity 5,000, for the celebration of their 105th Anniversary, appropriately started on the 4th July, Independence Day. I joined a group of 12 bikes to make the journey down, enjoying a pub lunch outside Taunton before a ride across the hills to Minehead, made all the more interesting because the Head Road Captain lost his way. Compared to some, it was an enjoyable trip with only 2 u-turns and some light showers.

Jean travelled by car because of work commitments, but had room to bring the towels and "liquid" extras, which I did not! The weekend had back to back entertainment with a fireworks display on the Friday night. The weather was mostly unkind with frequent and heavy showers of rain, interspersed by hot sunshine. My bike jacket kept me dry when it rained, but was too hot when it was sunny, and when I chose not to wear it, I got wet! Hey ho!

No comments: